Capital Chordettes Director Search
The Capital Chordettes, an award-winning women's a cappella chorus, is seeking a director. Our 25+ members combine a love of singing and performing with a commitment to musical excellence.
We are a chapter of Harmony, Inc., a vibrant organization of women of all ages, recognized for world-class singing in the barbershop style and promoting bonds of friendship.
Our ideal candidate is a dynamic and highly motivated person with excellent musical knowledge and abilities, as well as demonstrated leadership qualities. We are looking for a continuous learner with strong interpersonal skills who will inspire and foster the musical growth of the chorus - a team player who will work well with our music and administrative teams.
In collaboration with these teams, the director will:
Support for our music program is well-established, and includes: a Music Committee, assistant director, section leaders, a Music Librarian, a teaching quartet and a quartet promotion chair
- develop long term goals and an annual plan to improve the musical quality of the chorus
- plan and deliver the music component of chorus rehearsals
- teach and coach the chorus in the art of singing
- prepare the chorus for and direct performances, including contests
- recruit and develop assistant directors and other members of the music program teams,
- and develop the musical repertoire of the chorus in collaboration with Music Committee
The CHORUS is committed to excellence by:
As members of Harmony, Inc. (www.harmonyinc.org) we compete twice a year, at the end of May and in mid-November.
- practicing regularly (weekly on Tuesday nights)
- participating in coaching sessions
- competing up to twice a year
And In Our Own Words - From Chorus Members: What our Members are Looking For...
"a team player, good people skills, a great sense of humour"
For this position, directing experience is required and barbershop experience is an asset.
"the knowledge and ability to take us to the next level "
"someone who is pumped about performing and competing"
"a spark of fun"
"a passion for the music"
Please send your resume by April 15th 2019 to: The Director Search Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital Chordettes, Inc